When we look at the home remedies for sinus infection & how to cure sinus permanently, we first see what are sinuses. Air-filled cavities present on both sides of the nose are known as sinuses. These cavities are lined with a skin known as a mucous membrane which secures the body by making mucus, which tackles dirt particles which may otherwise cause many diseases. Due to cold, allergies, or many bacterial infections, sinuses may get infected or clogged.
Sinuses problems also occur if too much quantity of mucus builds up in the sinuses and these cavities become inflamed or swollen. The lining of these cavities can also swell if someone has an infection or allergic reaction.
This swelling can cause pressure around the cheeks, nose, and eyes. A sinus infection can result in many other complications including difficulty in breathing, brain fever, and headache. People who have asthma or allergies, experience this problem more often.
There are many medications available for a sinus infection but these medicines are expensive and they cause many side effects which may worsen the situation. We bring some inexpensive and natural ways of treating sinus infection with the help of natural herbs. These herbs have been in use for centuries and many experts have guaranteed the health safety in using these herbs and answer the question how to cure sinus permanently once and for all.
Following are the all important herbal tips and home remedies for sinus infection. Using these tips appropriately with discipline will definitely help you to cure sinus naturally.
1. Peppermint oil for sinus:
· Peppermint is a naturally occurring herb and it's oil can be used in the condition of a sinus infection. Menthol oil is an essential oil obtained from peppermint that can be used to relieve the sinus infection.
· Menthol creates a sensation which helps in opening the nasal passages. You can use menthol oil by adding few drops of the oil to the hot water and breathe in the steam.
Tea tree oil for sinus is also used along with peppermint oil for sinus as it contains the same properties.
2. Turmeric for sinus infection:
· Turmeric root is a fragrant spice found in Pakistan and other parts of Asia. This naturally occurring herb contains the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It is among the top home remedies for sinus infection.
· This herb is very effective against sinus infection. Combine it with ginger root and use it in the hot tea. The combination of these two herbs in tea helps relax sinus pressure and open the clogged nasal passages.
· A mixture of 1 tablespoon honey and fresh ginger juice can also be taken three times a day which can prove to be helpful in treating a sinus infection.
· Quercetin is a natural ingredient that is found in many plants like apples, onions, green tea etc.
· This ingredient contains antioxidant properties and controls the mucus secretion by stabilizing histamine (creates mucus) releasing cells.
· Doctors suggest that a typical dose of 400 to 500 mg can be taken three times a day which leads the way among effective home remedies for sinus infection.
4. Pungent Spices
· Some natural spices like cayenne pepper can help in treating the congested mucus with the help of their antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
· Apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and horseradish can also be applied on a skin. It acts as a mucus dissolving mixture.
· You can also hold a ¼ teaspoon of grated horseradish root for a few minutes and swallow it once the taste is evaporated.
· Different types of vegetable soups with fresh and natural herbs can be used to ease the condition of the sinus infection and are primarily effective as natural remedies for sinus headache
· The steam of the soup combined with some healthy ingredients present in the herbs and vegetables can clear the sinuses. One of the best soup for sinus infection is mix vegetable soup.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar for sinus infection:
· Apple cider vinegar is a natural ingredient that has many health benefits. This natural remedy is also very helpful in treating the sinus infection
· Take a cup of hot tea or water with three tablespoons of unfiltered apple cider vinegar three times a day. The use of this natural recipe will thin out excessive mucus and relieve sinus pressure and congestion
· Apple cider vinegar can also be used by mixing it with honey or lemon.
· You can also use it in a simpler way by taking 1 tablespoon of this vinegar 2 times a day.
Apple cider vinegar and cayenne pepper for sinus are two of the effective home remedies for sinus infection and when we are asked on how to cure sinus permanently, we tend to go in the favor of these two for their rapid availability.
Go to Herbal beauty tips Home